Sunday, July 10, 2016

My interest in astronomy began at a very early age. I can remember laying outside on a cold winter's night with a flashlight and a star chart trying to determine the relationship of the sky to the chart. I was probably 10 years old. I kept at it and I eventually figured it out opening a whole new world for me. I was 11 years old when I started working delivering bread with the local baker. I would save my money and one of the first things I bought was a small 80 power telescope. I was 13 and there was a total solar eclipse across Canada on 20 July 1963. Although totality was not visible from Rhode Island the partial phase was. I set up my telescope and with my Father's camera took my very first eclipse photograph. Here it is with the note I wrote on the back of the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment